[Northkeep] Changes in the format Dionader

Angus Mac angusmacn at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 14:21:55 PST 2002

After discussion with their Excellences, I have decided to change the
format of the Dionader.
No Excuses
No Apologies
I won it and I am changing it
If you wanna run it next year
then all you got to do is win it this year.

New Format:
1st Round Sword and shield
2nd Round 6' Glaive
3rd round 2 handed Ax ( 48-60 inch )
4th Round Great Sword  ( None Shorter Than Sir Balvin's Sword )
5th Round Fish Bat( 28 inch max, No Basket, No Off hand Parry )

Swiss 5
Best 2 of 3 for each round
After 5 rounds if there is no clear winner
Everyone with the least losses will go into a standard
best 2 of 3 single elimination round
with the weapons styles repeated in the same order as the first 5 rounds
I have not decided how to do by's for this round yet ( i will take
comments from active fighters on this subject, off list if you please)

Everyone will be allowed to fight in the 1st 5 rounds
Only LOCAL Fighters will be allowed to Win the Dionader but there will be
other prizes to bribe our Northern Brothers to come play with us.

I am presently working on a "Determine your own Fate" Blind draw to
determine Pairings for each round.

Tenetive date is sept 14 ( check the calender as the day approaches for
Changes)

Finally I STRONGLY DISAGREE with the tourney being interrupted with rounds
of Rapier fighting, Dancing, kids kicking field goals or any other such
non-sense. we are here to fight

Thank you
More to come later

Angus MacKnochard
Dionader Northkeep

=====
Angus MacKnochard
Anda GDH
Dionader Barony Northkeep
MKA:John Glenn
Automation Controls and Technical Services
PLC/ET