[Northkeep] Route(s) To Gulf Wars

KTMC- AM 14 & KTMC-FM ROCK 105.1 ktmc at icok.net
Wed Jan 16 22:40:21 PST 2002

Greetings!
   As I recall, in time(s) past, there has been mention of a route using
I-40 going east as part of a Gulf wars trip. I recently went on a
week-long vacation that involved driving about 3,300 miles, about 1500+
of it on I-40. There was some major construction and attendant slow-down
in posted limit resulting, and I wouldn't recommend that route. I saw a
A-P story that spoke of a federally protected species that will halt the
work for a time from about April to August, so it apparently will be
that way for quite some time. Coming back west, I came out of Memphis to
see a sign like "Road Work Ahead-Four Areas-Next 130 Miles"  The trip
back through Arkansas didn't actually seem as bad as it had going east.
   Sounds like the southern route would be the best.

   Have a great morning/day/whenever-you-read-this!
   Valstarr