[Northkeep] Law

Hugh Niewoehner HNiewoehner at netscape.net
Tue Jan 22 12:47:57 PST 2002

Funny, I was about to suggest Baronial Law might be a good addition to the web page.

I would assume that, like kingdom awards, Baronial awards must be entered "read" into law to be effective.

On the following:
radrake at aep.com wrote:
>Well, I'm not sure that we would have said it wasn't in the law since
>neither of us are aware of or have seen a written Baronial Law.  If we did
>it was unintentional.  Who would have this?  Jerry, do you?
>
>Mercedes

A bit of background...A few years ago, I was in an e-mail discussion with the KM at the time playing devils advocate (I get in a lot of trouble this way).   I made a couple of points with respect to Dionadair which our KM felt had to be addressed by the Coronet and the Seneschal.  The following populous meeting TE specifically opened court to have Dionadair read into law.  This would have been during the term of office of the good Lady Rowen.  Anybody else remember this?  Other than stating that the format would be as laid out in the _Chronicle of the Dionadair_ I don't remember the rest of the wording of their declaration.  I believe something about changes to the format requiring the approval of the Coronet and subsequent addition to the chronicle was part of it but I can't swear to it.

Please don't interpret this to mean I have a problem with Angus' changes.  It's his perogative.

I was trying to point out to any who'd change things in the future that there were some constraints.  Having been SCA raised by a protocol droid I was pleased to see the forms had been followed.

Looking forward to this fall.

  Damon

--
Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner