[Northkeep] Books not published in US

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:52:20 PST 2002

>From: Susan <catmafia at swbell.net>
>Wow Talana, thanks for all the specifics.  My major problem, come to speak
>of it, was the author being from Cuba I guess then...

Ah, that.  There are a lot of things that come from Cuba that we can't get
here - what with that pesky trade embargo we placed on Castro back in what,
the 60s?  Definately a special case in which, yes, it's illegal to buy from
them (and arguably it's illegal to even buy and smuggle in via a third party
like Amazon.UK -- if you had done it back in the 70's with, say, cigars,
everyone on this list would have been in trouble as an accomplice after the
fact in a Federal felony.  Thank goodness we're living in more enlightended
time -- oh wait...)

M/D