[Northkeep] bad jokes and other happenings in Tulsa this week

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Jun 3 14:34:07 PDT 2002

>Excellent.
>
>Show up Wednesday evening.
>Put on armor
>Whack me about the head and shoulders a few times and feel better about the
>world! (and bad jokes too!)
>
>Oh wait...
>
>Or - Would it make more sense to for me to just say "Yes, please"?
>
>BTW - If you make me laugh I'm even easier to hit than normal...
>
>Piotr

As tempting as this sounds, I will decline.  If stories of my childhood are
correct, I should be a natural as I once took a baseball bat to one of my
brothers...  But I really don't care for pain, so don't think giving others
the chance to hit me is on my short or long list of things to do.  Also,
with your pretty new helm, I can't even see encouraging anyone to beat you
soundly.

Other topic.  I probably won't be by drumming or fighter practice this week
as it is Chautauqua week at OSU-Tulsa.  It is a facinating lecture series
based on the Chautauquas from a century ago, although this years topic is
the 1940's.  It starts tonight with 10 students doing a 5 minute
presentation in character.  The 5 personas for the week are FDR, Elenore
Roosevelt, Truman, Pearl Buck and Ernie Pyle.  They also have workshops
during the day at the university, if you want more details contact me off list.

Susan
oh, other thing competing for time this week is Shakepeare in the park,
Twelfth Night starting at 8, not sure what all nights though