[Northkeep] SAGA competition for the kid's...

Ciana O'Hara cianaoh at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 8 23:10:12 PDT 2002

Greetings....

I really want to show off the talents of the children of this Barony.  So I have decided to turn it into a competition.  Any and all children (under the age of 18) are encouraged to turn in artwork, stories, poems, and/or short articles.  These submissions should, of course, be based on an SCA theme.  Artwork is strongly encouraged to be scanned into the computer and sent to me if at all possible (if not I will do my best to get it scanned so that I can publish it).

This competition will run through the end of the year, meaning the December issue.  The winners will be announced at the January 2003 populace meeting.  The populace will be asked for vote on the submissions, I will not be the sole judge since my children will be entering submissions as well.  The December issue will contain all of these submissions, including anything received for the December issue.  There will be a prizes.

I will send out reminders every month so that everyone knows the deadline for submissions for that months Saga.  This month's deadline is June 19th.  This deadline does not include any artwork that has to be scanned in by me.  I will need extra time to do that so please get those to me as soon as you can (if you can scan them in and email them to me, then the 19th is the deadline).

PARENTS:  I will need signed release forms from you on your child's submissions.  Please visit http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/chronicler/saga2.htm for the form that needs to be filled out.  Thanks.

If this competition goes well then I will continue it next year as well.  So let's see how many submissions we can get!!

ADULTS:  Just because this competition is for children doesn't mean I am going to turn your submissions away!!  Please send in your stuff as well!!  I really appreciate ALL submissions.  I also need release forms from you unless you have a permanent release on file.  Please visit http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/chronicler/saga3.htm

Once again, my email address is cianaoh at yahoo.com and please put SAGA in the subject line so that it stands out.  Thanks

In Service,
Ciana