[Northkeep] Period Angling

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Tue Jun 11 23:24:45 PDT 2002

Two books noted, The Complete Angler Isaac Walton about 1600's and the
other I can't remember and it was by a Dame written in the 13th Century, I
think?  His included info on reels used in period.  It looks like there
should be plenty of info for Ainar and all those who want to look into
period angling.

Sorry I couldn't tape this, but hope it helps, here is the order info,
http://store.aetv.com/html/catalog/vp02.jhtml?id=43499 and this page lists
the next two showings,
http://www.historychannel.com/ontv/listings.cgi?get=search&channel=hist&srchby=month&search=the+tackle+box

Hope you enjoy, Jim's been off this week and last and fishing almost
daily.  If anyone has any interesting recipes, please send off list.  His
fish curry was interesting.  He is mostly catching striper, they did have a
60 pound carp on the trotline but couldn't get it in the boat.

Susan