[Northkeep] Linen for the guard tabbards

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 12:45:51 PDT 2002

>From: "Mercedes/Stephanie" <steldr at cox.net>
>Hmmmmmmm - how hard are we going to work on finding bright red wool and how
>are they going to have to be laundered?  What kind of price >would we be
>able to find an appropriate wool for?

The same place carries lots of red wools (all those British uniforms, you
know).  Wool isn't hard to launder if you don't do things like bleed into
it.  You wash it in cold water, and lay it out to dry.  If you full it
completely first, you can do darned near anything you want to it, but you
lose the thin thing...  Since they have open sides, there should be no
problem with keeping a breeze going (that outfit I was wearing Saturday
wasn't hot at all until I got into the heated car with no air movement.
Other than that, I wasn't as hot and sweaty as most of you in cotton).

I seem to remember that trowbridge's prices weren't that bad.

M/D