[Northkeep] Demo Opportunity on June 29th in Claremore

Miriam Cook zahavabathannah at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 14 07:31:11 PDT 2002

I can go-- and if the weather is DRY I can bring out
the Arab pavilion. It needs about 15' circle for the
support ropes.

Zahava

--- Susan <catmafia at swbell.net> wrote:
> We have a wonderful opportunity.  As part of
> Claremore's Independence Days,
> the JM Davis Gun Museum will be hosting a living
> history festival on June
> 29th called, Good Old Days.  The curator was
> involved in the SCA years ago
> and was hoping we could join all of the other living
> history groups that
> would be gathered there.
>
> This is awsome as we had been looking for a place to
> have a demo in the
> Claremore area to get more members active there and
> this will be perfect
> for that.  The area we will have measures 30'X120'
> and I am hoping we will
> be able to have several period pavillions in the
> area and and a area for
> fighting.  If you have a period pavillion you can
> bring, please let me know
> the measurements so we can get a layout ahead of
> time.  I will also need to
> know how much of the area to reserve for fighting.
>
> They will have military reenactors from
> Revolutionary-Vietnam, Mountain
> Men, Indians, also ones with Tin Lizzys and
> velocipedes.  Inside there will
> be spinners, potters and other artisans.  I am
> hoping to contact the other
> groups surrounding NE Oklahoma to join us, so that
> the reinactors from
> their areas who might be interested in participating
> in the SCA can find a
> contact.
>
> This is their second annual Good Old Days Festival
> and should be a
> wonderful opportunity for us to have an ongoing
> festival to participate in
> year after year.  Please let me know if you will be
> participating and if
> you will be bringing something to demonstrate.  The
> day will streach from
> 8am-5pm and I am planning on being there for the
> morning hours, till it
> gets too hot.
>
> Susan the Curious
> Hospitaller
> Barony of Northkeep
> Ansteorra
> Susan-the-Curious at swbell.net
> http://northkeep.ansteorra.org/hospit/index.html

=====
Reality is merely and illusion, albeit a persistent one.
                                -----A. Einstein
I'm trying to tell you something about my life
Maybe give me insight between black and white
The best thing you've ever done for me
Is to help me take my life less seriously, it's only life after all.  ---Indigo Girls "Closer to Fine"