[Northkeep] Demo Opportunity on June 29th in Claremore (Repost)

isa van reinholte isavanreinholte at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 23 10:50:08 PDT 2002

 yes!  sorry that it took me so long to respond.  yes yes I would be very happy to participate.
The 29th is a week away but I can be ready.

any other details i need to know about?
I am creating a sca list for claremore area persons and do have places that will allow me to post a flyer.
Isa
Susan <catmafia at swbell.net> wrote: This went out the first time while most were off to War, so I am sending
out again to see if we have enough of a responce to fulfill a commitment to
be part of their Celebration. As of now, I have only had 3 people commit
to being there. Please let me know if you will be able to make this, we
have 120' X 30' and a 30'X30' area on one end will be for fighting.

Looking forward to hearing from you and hope that this isn't too short of
notice for us to be able to particpate,
Susan
Classes are one thing to organize and have few to no one show, but demos
are a whole other thing; please let me know if you will be able to make it
and if you are one who usually does demos and have other commitments that
day, can you also let me know so I can mark that so I have solid numbers to
work from, Thanks I had hoped to invite other groups to join us, but was
waiting till I knew what our commitment will be first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We have a wonderful opportunity. As part of Claremore's Independence Days,
the JM Davis Gun Museum will be hosting a living history festival on June
29th called, Good Old Days. The curator was involved in the SCA years ago
and was hoping we could join all of the other living history groups that
would be gathered there.

This is awsome as we had been looking for a place to have a demo in the
Claremore area to get more members active there and this will be perfect
for that. The area we will have measures 30'X120' and I am hoping we will
be able to have several period pavillions in the area and and a area for
fighting. If you have a period pavillion you can bring, please let me know
the measurements so we can get a layout ahead of time. I will also need to
know how much of the area to reserve for fighting.

They will have military reenactors from Revolutionary-Vietnam, Mountain
Men, Indians, also ones with Tin Lizzys and velocipedes. Inside there will
be spinners, potters and other artisans. I am hoping to contact the other
groups surrounding NE Oklahoma to join us, so that the reinactors from
their areas who might be interested in participating in the SCA can find a
contact.

This is their second annual Good Old Days Festival and should be a
wonderful opportunity for us to have an ongoing festival to participate in
year after year. Please let me know if you will be participating and if
you will be bringing something to demonstrate. The day will streach from
8am-5pm and I am planning on being there for the morning hours, till it
gets too hot.

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep