[Northkeep] Calling all Textile Vikings

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Sun Jun 30 11:05:34 PDT 2002

We have many new people who are needing more garb and this coming weekend
is a sales one, I was thinking it might be a good time for another 'Textile
Viking' raid.  Contact me off list if interested, I need to check
availabilty but was planning on this coming Sunday, July 7 in the
afternoon.  (tenative plan below, as I need to make some phone calls to
confirm times) As usual, this is designed to be new person friendly and
educational but is open to all who would like to raid with us.  Garb
optional, but would be fun...

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep

    * Meet lunch Promenade Mall Food Court (offers ample selection and
plenty of seating)
    * Tour the Linen Museum in Mall
    * Over to JoAnne's for sale stuff
    * Then out to J Boyer for just the joy of it

Finally checked this out and found it facinating.  Here are the Simplicity
Period Costume pages,
http://Simplicity.com/thumbnail.cfm?id=1068&startrow=1&&maxrows=6&HomeDec=0
I love the aspects you can view of the pattern detail as I own many of
these patterns, but this is a much easier way to store the views and
requirements than the packages.  I also loved the 'Must sew this' function,
needless to say there are many things on my must sew list.  This is a very
easy to use and infomative site.  McCall's is at http://www.mccall.com/ and
the patterns are under Renaissace and has less info available than
Simplicity's site.