[Northkeep] Linen for the guard tabbards

jwhit639 at aol.com jwhit639 at aol.com
Mon Jun 3 20:12:10 PDT 2002

Ok, time for an observation. For non combat related occurences wool would
wear ok. As someone who fights in wool on occasion. I will NOT add another
layer of it to my fighting gear.  As a practical application while on non
court duty, both linen and wool have a tendency to snag( although I will
admit to being rather brutal to my garb, gear, friends,.... you get the
drift) and I fear the longetivety of the tabards, also if the later period
folk in the guard do make half-cloaks?, wool sounds pretty bad over doublet
and blouse in anything over 50 degrees.  However I am willing to act as
guinea pig in the service of my baronage as far as Guard uniform goes.
Beorhtlic