[Northkeep] Surgery Update on Kit

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Tue Mar 19 12:35:29 PST 2002

Just got home from the hospital and Kit is napping.  The surgery went well,
it took almost 2 hours and then another 30 minutes for her to come out of
recovery and move over where I could sit with her.  She did real well and
the meds for nausea worked, she was starved when we left the hospital and
went and got her soup to eat while I got her perscription filled.

She has alot of pain from where they drilled into the bones in her foot to
reattach the ligaments, it was pretty bad that the IV Morphine didn't
really touch it but the vicodin seemed to help some.

We go back to see the Doctor in 2 weeks.  Now the big challenge will be her
navigating around on crutches without hurting anything else.

Thank you for all the prayers and concern, expecially you who volunteered
to sit with me if I was a basketcase.  Thankfully I survived well too.

Susan