[Northkeep] Damaged Utility Poles

KTMC- AM 14 & KTMC-FM ROCK 105.1 ktmc at icok.net
Sun Mar 24 17:29:12 PST 2002

Howdy Folks! (How's that for a period greeting!) :)
   I received a news release earlier this month from the Department of
Environemetal Quality about the recent ice storm  generating a large
number of damaged utility poles. Much of these poles are reusable, and I
knew there had been castle work discussion in time past on the list.
   There are some cautions and recommended non-use for these, as they
have a chemical tratment used to preserve the poles. There is a list of
three things they should not be used for, one of them dealing with
anything that provides extended human contact; specifically included
examples were; benches, tables, playground equipment or other such uses.

   Listed in the "Damaged Utility Poles May Be Used For" list were;
fence posts; landscaping; barns or building poles; and other such uses
that do not offer human contact.
   I have some information on handling, as well as a phone list of
utility companies that were involved in the ice storm and may have
locations where an individual could obtain poles (the release date on
this was March 4th, and I don't know whether this item ran in either of
the state's two major newspapers).
   I thought I would post on the Baronial list forst, before putting it
on Northern Region or Ansteorra Lists. I can fax somebody the list to
the group , or I may be up at Populace meeting tomorrow evening, (which
I take it is the sane place as last month?) and would, in that case,
bring a copy with me if the group would be interested.

   Valstarr