[Northkeep] sca weather

Jack Skinner Jack.Skinner at Thrifty.com
Fri Mar 8 13:59:18 PST 2002

I remember that every time we attended Interkingdom when hosted by Calon
Tir, there was always a huge storm on either the first or second night.
Always ended up sumping out the tent and running into town to throw all the
garb and blankets in a dryer.  Made things interesting, nonetheless, given
that you had plenty of mead during tempest!
Kieran

-----Original Message-----
From: Alton lePeto [mailto:altonscompany at hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 3:47 PM
To: northkeep at ansteorra.org
Subject: [Northkeep] sca weather

Lilies has the worst weather hands down of any event I've been to.  Over the
last 7 years I've gone, there has always been either tornadic weather or at
least one serious, high wind, heavy rain and lightning (just ask Pavel)
incident on site.  Thats why I only go for the last weekend, all the good
fighting takes place then anyway.
Gulf War is a grab bag.  You should pack for anything from 30F to 80F.
Rain, yeah, but it only got rained out once.  High winds and tornado?
Nothing like waking up in your tent while a tornado passes by, its a one of
a kind experience.
Best weather events: Calontir War College in Columbia MO, always nice -
Gothic War, except for the ultra destructive flash flood in 93 or 94, the
low humidity and low evening temps make for great camping.
In fact we've had great luck over the last year with event weather.  Gulf
War last year(except for the Tornado on Monday afternoon) was great,
Lillis's tornadic cloud formed Saturday after fighing was over, so we left
and missed the show, Pennsic was great, Gothic was phenominal, and Diamond
War was very pleasant.
Which means we are due some bad weather payback.
Glad Im not getting to site till Thursday.:-)

Always pack an extra tarp,
Alton
(email) Altonscompany at hotmail.com
(webpage) http://altonscompany.homestead.com