[Northkeep] Just letting people know in case they are interested and can help.

Jerry & Teresa Herring herring at upperspace.net
Mon Mar 11 04:21:20 PST 2002

Rainforest exhibit at Tulsa Zoo may close if volunteers not found
Just letting people know in case they are interested and can help. We are
after all a non-profit volunteer organization...I thought some of our
volunteers might like to help.

The Tulsa Zoo is looking for a few good volunteers. The city has pulled
$25,000 a year in funding for the Rainforest exhibit.

That money paid for staff to greet guests and answer questions about the
exotic birds, fish and animals. So the zoo is looking for volunteers to fill
these spots. Zoo director, Larry Nunley, "It's a year-round temperature
control. You're immersed in wildlife all around you."

6 year volunteer, Janice Bowman, "If you enjoy people and you enjoy animals
and you love new things and learning constantly, this is the place for you."

Volunteers should have good people skills. If you're lacking in rain forest
facts, don't worry, the zoo will train you. If you'd like to volunteer, call
the zoo at 669-6271.