[Northkeep] Gulf Brief Report

GabriDAvila at netscape.net GabriDAvila at netscape.net
Sun Mar 17 22:13:56 PST 2002

Greetings unto the populace,

My husband and I have returned from the war, and a glorious war it was. Here are a few highlights:

Rapier:
Ansteorra won the field melee, and the North - commanded by our own HL Teresa (ask one of our Northern fighters about the special favors Teresa made for us!) - fielded many Heavy fighters who were authorized in rapier, including Bunny, Jean Paul, Oxlade, Barn, William, Mark, and of course - our very own Baron Ainar (ask him how well he did!). Ansteorra's cross-over fighters swelled our number of rapier fighters from approx. 45 to over 90 (saving us from being outnumbered!), and every fighter received a special gift from her majesty.

Ansteorra also won the Champions Tournament - 9 to 6. Both Don Puck and HL Teresa were chosen to represent Ansteorra in the tournament, and they both won their fights. WooHoo, Puck and Teresa!

Trimaris won the Rapier Ravine Battle, but all had a glorious time and Baron Ainar again had many kills!

Her Majesty Britta also selected the recipient of the Queen's Blade of Honor (a special rapier award given out only once per reign to a rapier fighter who embodies the highest levels of grace, skill, and honor). Who was chosen? Don Puck! (He was so energized by receiving the award that he was able to fight the entire Rapier Resurrection Ravine battle after having just left the Heavy Fort Battle!)

Heavy:
Ansteorra won the field and ravine battles as well as the Champions Tournament. Trimaris won the Fort.

Puck fought with Mooneschadowe's Liondragon Guard (who had graciously outfitted him for the war) in the heavy battles, and I was very pleased that he returned to me after each - unbroken. Our king and queen were not so lucky. His majesty left the war with some very bruised ribs, and her majesty had a sprained ankle.

Other Points: It is my understanding that Ansteorra also won the following points: Archery, A&S, and Service. I'm not sure who won Knife, Axe, and Spear. Trimaris won the Equestrian point.

The war was - of course - a tie...and all ended amicably. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!

Best wishes,
Gabriela D'Avila