[Northkeep] Re: Song help

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Wed Mar 27 19:44:12 PST 2002

While cleaning out the "Immediate/Process NOW" box, I found this:

> Does anyone know the title of or an artist who recorded the song about a
man
> working on a construction site who has to cart bricks up to another level
> and ends up half killing himself through his own creativeness?  I love the
> song but it's a little difficult to find a copy when you know neither
title
> nor artist...........

(Sorry for the late reply.)

According to:
http://paul.merton.ox.ac.uk/work/bricklayer-song.html

"The Bricklayer's Lament was told by Gerard Hoffnung at the Oxford Union,
December 4th, 1958. More recently it was converted into a song, which The
Corries sang. The song is attributed to "Cooksey/Hoffnung/Murphy-Cop
Con"...."

Ulfie
---------
(Shamefully stolen from the aforementioned site:)
How do you know when there's a trombonist at your door?
His hat says ``Domino's''