[Northkeep] Sir Balvins Defence

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Fri May 24 20:07:56 PDT 2002

    I don't know if it comes across as the tendency for local peers to not play
much locally, but for my part I have played in Northkeep to the usual exclusion
of playing much outside it except for fairly rare occasions (not that I don't
want to go to outside events, but it's not often that I am able).  I always have
a good time here.
    Interestingly, at an event down in the central part of the kingdom I
attended a few years ago, a friend (my former laurel, no less) said, "Where have
you been?  We thought you were dead!"  I replied, "I'm not dead, I've just been
playing mostly in my home Barony and north of the Red River."  She said, "Same
thing."
    If playing mostly here is being dead, then let's put the wreaths on the door
and have a great wake.  It's fine with me to be dead that way.

Catrin