[Northkeep] Sir Balvins Defence

Dennis England sirbalvin at earthlink.net
Sat May 25 16:24:50 PDT 2002

Here's where I am with this.  Who I am, how I live in the world, how I
interact with others and what I expect from them is shaped by my own
experience and what I say to myself about those experiences.  I believe this
to be true about how we all come to be who we are.  Whether you agree or not
doesn't matter.  What you believe dictates those decisions and behaviors for
you.  I respect your right to have them.  Things happen in life, people get
their feelings hurt and/or hurt others.  Expectations get met or sometimes
smacked around.  It's part of the process of being human and growing.  I'm
genuinely sorry you or anyone else got your/their feelings hurt or felt
slighted.  I can't fix or change that it happened.  And I try not to do it
in my interactions with others, but sometimes it happens.  Witness the fact
that I am engaged in this discussion at all when I should have kept my mouth
shut to begin with.  So you chose to stick around and give people a chance.
That's good.  That's maturity, that's cool.  I have no doubt you add to this
barony and will make many friends here as time goes by.  But should you
decide to move on or try something else that is your decision and comes from
you alone.  It won't be someone elses fault no matter what they do.  If I
don't like what's happening anywhere and I choose to leave it's still my
choice.  I am for personal ownership and responsibility.  That was my point.
I believe in being kind to one another and to myself.  For me that means I
take responsibility for me and I expect others to do the same for
themselves.  If we all do that a lot less feelings will be hurt and a lot
more people can grow and enjoy this short existence together.  I think this
has taken enough public airwaves, I have nothing to add and I am done
talking about it in this forum.

Take Care,
Balvin