Personality and Behavior (was RE: [Northkeep] Sir Balvins Defence)

Dennis England sirbalvin at earthlink.net
Tue May 28 11:23:58 PDT 2002

There is a lot of choices between being an asshole and enabling or being
co-dependent.  Typically people seeking someone to be co-dependent with call
those who refuse to get hooked assholes.  I just want people to take
responsibility for themselves and JP I think you said it well.  I do not
consider myself an asshole despite what some may think as result of this
over long discussion.  But I do avoid co-dependence.  And I certainly
believe I treat others with the same courtesy and respect I expect.  I work
to encourage others to achieve their highest good and seek that in myself,
sometimes that means saying things they may not want to hear and avoiding
those who appear to be stuck or refusing to grow.  My 2 cents.  I'm glad to
see people discussing these issues.

Balvin