[Northkeep] Announcements / Drum Classes

Zenobia Mira Vallis VivatTheDream at cox.net
Tue May 28 16:37:55 PDT 2002

The next Northkeep Middle Eastern and North African Drum & Dance Circle will be held at Helmerich Park, 73rd and Riverside, Monday, June 3rd at 7:00 p.m.  This is a really fun park for kids - there's even a water playground!  The park is well-lit, has unlocked restrooms, parking, picnic tables, a shelter, and stays open until 11:00 p.m.  Perfect place for a picnic/revel!  Bring extra drums to share, if you have them.  All unplugged instruments are welcome.  As usual, the circle is free and open to everyone - be there to picnic, observe, participate, or do your own thing!

Helmerich Park will be our home for the next few months.  If it rains or becomes unbearably hot, we'll meet at Gypsy Coffee House, 303 N. Cincinnati (behind Spaghetti Warehouse).  If you're unsure where to go, just call me (438-1166 or 852-5594).

Even though our third-Monday gathering, Drum & Dance II, has attracted a lot of dancers, we have decided, for the present, to discontinue those meetings.  Instead, we will be having a drum class/practice every Thursday at 7:30 at the home of Elaheh (Cynthia de Vinna).  When our group of drummers becomes more proficient, we'll start getting together with dancers again.  We'll pick 2 or 3 rhythms to work on, review the rhythms we already know, and work on reading rhythms, starting and stopping together, keeping the same tempo, fills, and blending rhythms.  If you play another instrument, please feel free to bring it - all unplugged instruments are welcome.  Contact Zenobia for directions to Elaheh's house:  VivatTheDream at cox.net or 438-1166.

DRUM & DANCE CIRCLE FOR JUNE
Monday, June 3rd, 7:00 p.m., Helmerich Park, 73rd and Riverside
   (Bad weather location:  Gypsy Coffee House)

DRUM CLASSES/PRACTICES FOR MAY AND JUNE
Thursdays, 7:30 p.m.:   May 30, June 6, June 13, June 20, June 27
   at Elaheh's - 3906 S. 131st E. Ave