[Northkeep] Period Angling

KTMC- AM 14 & KTMC-FM ROCK 105.1 ktmc at icok.net
Tue May 7 13:06:34 PDT 2002

   Thank you, Mercedes, regarding the period angling information. Me
like fishing stuff! (mundanely I write a weekly [hopefully not weakly]
outdoors column)
   The writer of what is generally consdidered the earliest book we
still have on angling may have been written by a woman...so angling is
definitely not just for guys!
   I need to dig out the two translation/reprints of period works on
angling that I have...that alone could take me months! There was the
process of dyeing the fishing line (horse hair) etc...the mechanics that
I remember from when I read of the process of making the actual fishing
rod were quite complex..our ancestors were not dummies!

   Valstarr