[Northkeep] OOP - Fundraiser for Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF)

Rebecca Heydon rmheydon at swbell.net
Wed May 22 16:04:53 PDT 2002

Greetings!

I got permission from TE and the List Administrator (Dairmaid) to post the following information.  There's a possibility there might be a demo opportunity out of this but if nothing else, helping animals is a worthy cause.  I belong to Skydive Tulsa and am working on becoming an ARF volunteer so if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.  My e-mail is rmheydon at swbell.net.

Thanks

Rowan

******

Skydive Tulsa is sponsoring a fundraiser for the Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF) to be held Friday, June 21, 2002, at Skydive Tulsa.  Here's the story:

In 2001, Dale Settle broke the Oklahoma State Record for the most skydives in 12 hours.  The record of 50 skydives had been standing for 31 years.  Dale was able to make 64 skydives in 12 hours.  Last year, the event raised $2400, all of which went to ARF.  With that money, ARF was able to save 524 dogs and cats from being destroyed and placed these animals in loving, caring homes.

On June 21, 2002, Dale is going to again attempt a new Oklahoma State Record of 100 skydives in 12 hours.  All proceeds will again be donated to ARF.  Our goal is to raise $5000 for ARF this year.  Last year, the event received national coverage as well as local and the media has already made plans to cover it again this year.

Your tax deductible donation, either personal or corporate, will help us achieve our goal.  All corporate donations will receive space on the Skydive Tulsa website for their corporate logo.  Personal donors will be listed on the website as well.  Corporate donations start at $100.  Personal donations start at $10.

Aside from just donating money for the fundraiser, interested individuals can also purchase a ride up in the plane with Dale on any of his jump runs for $25.  Reservations are highly recommended as slots are being filled quickly.  Goods such as food, fuel, and services are also needed and are also tax deductible.

Please feel free to check out the Skydive Tulsa website for other information about the event as well as ARF.  This info can be accessed at www.skydivetulsa.com.