[Northkeep] A possible solution

Lynne Dawson martadormani at yahoo.com
Fri May 24 19:19:11 PDT 2002

I also agree with Tamberlin and Zahava, but would like
to add my thoughts as well. I do not tend to be shy,
but more cautious with approaching a newbie for fear
of giving them wrong information about our group. I
know the basics, but I'm quite sure I'm not
knowledgeable enough to give more than pat answers.
I'd also have to say that everyone I've met in the
almost 2 yrs. I've played has been friendly, some more
so than others. I appreciate them all, and quite a few
I have a tremendous respect for their talent and
knowledge. I am also saddened that I don't see several
faces that I first met 2 summers ago. I understand
that "life" can get in the way, but it seems that
we've undergone an epedemic of "life" in this last
year. I for one hope to see many of these faces at
Castellan, and would love to see them involved again
in the day to day game, and not just once or twice a
year at an event. It takes so many different
personalities, qualities, and talents to enrich our
Barony, that everyone should be able to play, find
friends and have fun, OR, WHAT IS THE POINT? Why would
anyone choose to spend an evening or a weekend with a
group of people and not have a good time? It is not up
to anyone to be responsible for someone else's
happiness, but neither should we push away or be
unkind thus ruining someone else's game. Northkeep is
a GREAT BARONY, and it hurts me that other groups in
Ansteorra don't always see us that way. We ALL pulled
together last year during a very difficult time to put
on a spectacular event. Being a little more friendly
and kind to each other as well as to newbies, should
be an easy feat for us. No one can read your mind, but
they sure can take what you SAY to heart. And, that's
all I have to say about that.

Marta