[Northkeep] A possible solution

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 20:22:06 PDT 2002

>From: Fitzmorgan at aol.com
>I'm not suggesting that we don't do it.  I think we should.  I'm just
>pointing out that just because you can find one weekend a month when >there
>isn't a nearby event doesn't mean that people are going to want to spend
>that one "free" weekend doing local SCA stuff.  On the other hand if a lot
>of people aren't going to the nearby events the fact that we scheduled a
>revel on the one free weekend in 5 weeks may be no big deal.

Ok, my mistake, I apologize.

I think the idea was that if we hold them often enough, even if not all
people wanted to go to every revel, they could go to those they wanted to.

Between now and Dionadair, there are 15 weekends.  Of those there are 8
weekends where an event is being held within about a 4-5 hour drive
(including Valor).  Of those, I know -I-'m going to 3 or 4.  Someone who
travels more to SCA things than I do might go to all 8.  That would 7 or so
in which to fit 3 revels.

Looking at the calender, if we were to, say, set the 2nd Saturday of the
month for a revel someplace, that would only overlap Coronation - and I'm
betting that while some people will be going to that, not everyone would.

Marc/Diarmaid