[Northkeep] Fabric Swap Recap

Anthony Lackey catan at webzone.net
Wed May 8 17:57:24 PDT 2002

I must confess I found it a bit disappointing that only 2 people came to my
fabric buying/Drape & Pillage class (ok, Diarmaid & Lynn came to lend moral
support and company, but I think they were being nice).  Perhaps I didn't give
enough notice, but a number of people said they'd show up and did not (thank you
Istvan & Serena for being there!).  I don't want to sound whiny, but if I had a
dime for everyone who's asked me to teach a class that they really want to
attend, I could buy enough fabric to outfit a whole generation of newcomers.
    I'm willing to do this again if there was a big timing conflict, but I'd like
everybody to think about this for your own sakes: Ask yourself what classes you
really feel you need to learn what you want to know in the SCA.  Now ask yourself
how many of those exact kinds of classes have been held in this area in the last
year.  Then ask yourself if you attended 1.any 2.some, or 3. many of them.
    If the number of answers to the second question is significantly larger than
the number of answers to the third question, consider how that affects your
learning experiences and enjoyment level in the SCA.

Catrin