[Northkeep] sad textile viking news

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Fri Nov 1 20:59:04 PST 2002

I just got a flier in the mail today - J. Boyer Fabrics is closing its doors
after 25 years of business. All fabrics in the store are 40% off - I am sure
it will go down further as the days progress.
The nicest garb I have made for myself, and really, most of what I have made
for others came from there. We will certainly never see the like again;
tightly woven imported Irish and Italian linen, gorgeous samite, luxury
wools, and oh the Italian cotton!
I have not spoken to Jo yet, but I am assuming we have yet another victim of
slim economic times. I haven't ever seen the same kinds of fabric she would
bring over from Europe anywhere else, even in the fabric stores of larger
cities. We are left now, alas, with the JoAnns and Hancocks craft-y interior
designish stores, and nothing else.
Do you know, she received calls from all over the United States from people
looking for special fabrics? What a loss! Anyway, last chance to pick up the
good stuff over the next few weeks. Somebody sing a dirge...
In Sadness,
Anawyn