[Northkeep] Middle Eastern Bazaar & Yule Hafla; Drum & Dance Circles

Zenobia Mira Vallis VivatTheDream at cox.net
Tue Nov 19 22:02:33 PST 2002

Middle Eastern Drum & Dance News

Middle Eastern Bazaar and Yule Hafla, Saturday, December 14, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Bombay Dining, 8278 E. 71st St. (across from Woodland Hills Mall, behind the Burger King). No admission charge.  You're invited to sell your new or gently used wares, do your holiday shopping for unique gifts, get a natural henna design from Lady Littlefox, have a delicious Indian lunch, celebrate the season, and enjoy or provide some great bellydancing or drumming.  Everyone is welcome.  Contact Zenobia if you want to merchant (no charge for the first table, $10 donation to the non-profit Ethnic Music & Dance Alliance for each additional table).  We will have two (!!) belly dance boutiques, Ancient Mysts, Jammin' Drums, the German-American Society, and several other merchants.  Not an official SCA event.

***NOTE*** Lilik and Company (Zaina's troupe) will be performing at 7:30 the same evening, same place.  Please join them, and bring your drum, violin, flute, or whatever.  The impromptu band at the October performance was awesome!   No cover or minimum, wonderful food, and children are welcome.

The Middle Eastern and North African Drum & Dance Circle continues to be held weekly on Monday evenings, 7:00 p.m., at 1548 E. 15th (Cherry Street, across from the car wash which is next to Full Moon Café).  There are two experienced drummers to get us started and keep us on track. The location is a store (currently vacant), and there are very few chairs.  Please bring your own, if you have one.  No experience necessary.  Extra drums available.  Children welcome.

In peace,

Zenobia Mira Vallis
VivatTheDream at cox.net

438-1166

I have learnt silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant
and kindness from the unkind. Yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.  -- Khalil Gibran