[Northkeep] To the greatest Barony in the whole world!!!!

LRA lra at olpdsl.net
Tue Oct 15 17:28:45 PDT 2002

Other possible fund raising suggestions that I have seen work in other
places:
(1) lunch auction -- individuals (or groups) make a nice lunch (period or
not) for at least two people and then all the lunches are auctioned off to
the highest bidder. The lunch is then served by the maker (who may or may
not eat with the purchaser of the lunch).
(2) wet sponge throw  -- individuals volunteer to put their faces (one at a
time or multiples, depending on the board) in a hole cut into a painted
board (like those old "funny photo" boards) and people buy a number of
sponge throws (say five throws for a dollar).
(3) a goods and services auction -- an individual or group offers a specific
service (period or not) such as making a wool cloak, or making a gorget, or
making a leather sheath, or baking a specific item, or three hours research
on a topic, or teaching someone to make those items (according to what
talents the person has). The services can also be general, such a make a
piece of garb, or a piece of armor, and then the winner decides what he or
she would specifically like. The services are auctioned off auctioned.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Lynn the Inquisitive