[Northkeep] lighter side

wynfrith wynfrith at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 01:01:13 PDT 2002

I saw this story and had to pass it on.

A knight from AnTir became lost in the Middle Kingdom and ended up late in the evening in a campsite of The Dark Horde.  Finding himself surrounded by a bloodthirsty group of Sword Brothers, he says quietly to himself, "I'm toast."

A ray of light breaks forth from the sky and a voice booms out: "No, you are NOT toast. Pick up that stone in front of you and bash the head of the KaKhan."

So the explorer picks up the stone and proceeds to bash in the head of the KaKhan. He is breathing heavily while standing above the sprawled out Hordesman, with a feeling of relief spreading through his innermost being.

Surrounding him are 100 Mongols (and 5 Ninjas, but don't ask) with a look of shock on their faces.

The voice booms out again: "Okay...NOW you're toast!"

Wynfrith  "My father sacked Lindisfarne, and all I got was this crummy penannular brooch."