[Northkeep] Brideprice Negotiations

Herndon, Darin DHerndon at bswintl.com
Fri Oct 18 10:19:00 PDT 2002

As an update for the sportingly inclined:

1) Master Beorhtlic and I did meet to begin negotiating Lady Catin's
brideprice.  He has done some extensive research on dowrys and I would
encourage those who have the chance to visit with him about that; it was
very interesting.
2) Master Beorhtlic raised some concerns that he hadn't actually
approved yet, formally, of Wynfrith marrying his retainer.
3) Lady Catin has noted that as a retainer, not a daughter, she doesn't
actually have to get that approval.  Master Beorhtlic agrees.
4) So..., my having to come up with a brideprice for someone who is
"just like" a daughter gets some slack and I am looking forward to
discounting my offers when next we meet.  I also need to spend some time
with Wynfrith and verify just how much she is worth to him (a dangerous
answer if ever published, I'm sure) so I can set my negotiating limits.
5)  Master Beorhtlic and I need to set a formal second meeting time to
continue.

Just an update for those asking.

Seigneur Etienne de St. Amaranth, CSM
Nordsteorra Herald (Northern Region)