[Northkeep] Mediterranean grocery stores?

Hugh & Belinda Niewoehner BurgBorrendohl at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 31 08:06:42 PDT 2003

Well...
Luxor on the NE corner of 51st and Memorial behind Walgreens is Egyptian
though he carries stuff from Greece, Lebanon, Rumania, etc. so I guess
that's Mediterranean. The _BEST_ preprepared stuffed grape leaves you
will encounter, cheap.

Cedar's of Lebanon on Sheridan ~27th.  Really a deli but they've got
some things.

Kyber on Sheridan ~ 35th. is Arabic.  Never been there but my Arabic &
Italian coworkers reccommend it.  Particularly for Lamb...as much as a
whole lamb (he's a butcher).

My Italian coworker also drives all the way to Krebbs (McAlester) for
his monthly supply of Italian goods.

It's been a long time but I know there's a middle eastern market in a
strip center ~55th and mingo.

Sorry, it's mostly _eastern_ Med stuff but it is Mediterranean. ^_^  I'm
sure there's more near TU.

Damon & Ismet

-Currently doing a lot of Japanese cooking...yakatori.  Yum...