[Northkeep] Shoemaking reminder (Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested)
marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 16 14:11:04 PST 2003
This upcoming Saturday and Sunday there will be a two day sheomaking class
at the AmeriSuites Hyde Park (a Hotel): 7037 So. Zurich Ave. (North East
Corner of 71st & Yale).
9-5 on Saturday with a lunch break, and 9 until everyone is happy with where
they are on Sunday (or 5 which ever comes first).
Everyone will need
- a sharp, straight round awl
- At least two thin harness needles
- unwaxed linen thread (linen sewing thread from the needlework store will
work just fine),
- musicians resin
- Vegetable tanned leather - about 5 ounce and 10 ounce (about 2-3 square
feet of each for a basic pair of shoes).
- A clean empty soup can and a plastic cup
Also useful will be large sheets of paper, sharpies, masking tape (not Duct
although that won't be turned down) Pencils, rulers, scissors, knives, etc.
Make your home warm and cozy this winter with tips from MSN House & Home.
More information about the Northkeep