[Northkeep] light armor question

Theresa Kwasny thkwasny at cox-internet.com
Tue Feb 4 17:42:51 PST 2003

Hey Cool!  I'm always happy to have someone else to fight with!

I'll ask around regarding armor for sale, and if you'll find me at an
upcoming event, I'll show you examples of proper equipment, and go over the
regulations with you and whoever else will listen, and perhaps go over some
basics.  I'll be at Eldren Ansteorran Tribute, and River War.

Per the regs:" Torso must be covered with puncture resistant material.
Puncture resistant material is defined as that which will pass the official
punch test.  Examples are: four-oz leather, four layer of heavy poplin
cloth, ballistic nylon rated at least 550 newtons, or other equivalent
material."  (Some linen is equivalent using multiple layers.   Whatever
material you use, I advise having a swatch punch tested, before you get
armor made out of it.)

20ga. mild steel is an example of rigid material per the regs.  Rigid
material must be worn on the face, sides of the head, and (for men) groin
area.

Also: " No piece of armor which might prevent the wearer from properly
judging the validity of a blow will be allowed."

While I'm sure the breast plate looks spiffy, blow calling would be
difficult, if not impossible.

Happy to help!

Therese Maria Giovanni