[Northkeep] re: scottish personna

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 20 10:31:28 PST 2003

>From: Danielle <hegclan1 at valornet.com>
>>...11th century Irish. This was before arms were used, but damn it I
>>wanted a device. So a device I have. It's up to you if you want to stay in
>>one set time and place. It's not a requirement.
>thank you m'lord for that info. but unfortunately i guess i am one of >the
>anal types...

Um...  If you are one of the anal types, you might want to be sure that
Mehrin is, in fact, a medieval Scots name.  I'm not sure it is.  [Marion,
is, by at least 1471, according to
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/talan/scottishfem/scottishfemlate.html - and
may be the origin of Mehrin in the 20th century (since in a several lower
class Scots accents, I believe come out "Mih'rin" in pronounciation).]

Marc/Diarmaid