[Northkeep] News

GabriDAvila at netscape.net GabriDAvila at netscape.net
Thu Feb 20 12:31:19 PST 2003

Heya everyone,

Puck and I have finally had some news. Berkeley is a no-go, but I received an acceptance letter from UC Davis! We're still waiting to hear from Stanford and UT Austin, but unless one of them offers a scholarship I can't refuse it looks like we'll be heading off for Davis, California.

Davis is a university town about 15-20 minutes from Sacramento and an hour from Berkeley. I'll have access to the Berkeley libraries too. The standard of living is MUCH closer to ours than Berkeley's - just 1/3rd more expensive instead of 3 times as expensive. And it still ranks in the top 15 schools for Spanish graduate programs.

Now, if only I get a scholarship or teaching assistant position.... :)

Hmmm...we'll need boxes in a couple months too!

Take care,
Gabri