[Northkeep] tomorrow's sewing day

Betsy Marshall betsy at softwareinnovation.com
Fri Jul 18 14:50:12 PDT 2003

Don't tell the sales ladies you are washing the silk or wool they tend
to get a bit cranky about it. Be prepared for a change in texture, as
the sizing and treatments are removed. (also measurement- wool shrinks
very randomly in amount, but always along the thread grain- long ways
and cross ways)
Linen might need two wash/dry cycles to get most of the shrinkage
out-YMMV.
(great lint in the dryer trap though- save it for stuffings!)
helpful(?) Pyro

Subject: Re: [Northkeep] tomorrow's sewing day

I had completely forgotten about this! What about fabric? How much
should I bring? Yes, I know... WASH IT FIRST!!! See, I remembered. What
all is this about? I know sewing, but do you have a variety of patterns
you are bringing or what? I have slept since we discussed this, so I
have forgotten...

Chris, running to the fabric store, hoping to find linen or silk...