[Northkeep] Online Astronomy class

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Jul 21 18:23:47 PDT 2003

I am sending this to the list as I know there are several here with an
interest in astronomy.  I remember there was to be a class on period
astronomy at some event, but it seems that it fell through and the person
who was teaching it is no longer active, but would be interesting if we
have someone else with the expertize to teach it.
Susan

from one of my homeschooling lists:
Thought this looked intresting...
Alright, the astronomy class is due to start any day
so those who want to participate need to sign up for
it.

Here is the abstract as taken from the yahoogroups
site (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TurnerAstronomy/ )

Any questions, please contact the list owner
TurnerAstronomy-owner at yahoogroups.com

Turner Astronomy has the purpose of helping us learn
constellations, major stars, star clusters, planets
and other easy astronomical objects.   It has two
kinds of members:

1) All class members of Turner High School's Astronomy
Class are expected to be members.   Since we teach
this class by distance learning, students may be from
a variety of high schools in the region.   For more
information see www.dloving.eboard.com and click
"Astronomy"

2) Any other interested people may ask to join.   This
might include homeschoolers, adults, and students not
enrolled in the course.

To join send a blank email to
TurnerAstronomy-subscribe at yahoogroups.com