[Northkeep] above/below salt at Calon's Coronation

Stacy Robinson katrenfitzgerald at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 07:59:32 PDT 2003

Basically in the case like this it is a secondary
feast, like a tavern. I have seen it done alot in
other kingdoms. Especially when matters of court are
taken care of between removes.

All in all it gives people a chance to join their
friends in the hall for feast evan if they can afford
much or simply didnt like the menu.
--- Miriam Cook <zahavabathannah at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I noted this  about the feast in the event
> announcement that HL Damon posted for the Calontir
> Coronation:
> > Above the Salt $8 (first 100 only)
> > Below the Salt $2
> >

> I know what above and below the salt means
> historicaly, but how does it work in SCA feasts?
>
> Zahava

=====
In Service to Crown and Kingdom

Katren Fitzgerald

Inn of the weeping Unicorn
Apprentice to Master Finn Kelly O'Donnell

Well, art is art, isn't it? Still, on the other hand, water is water! And east is east and west is west and if you take cranberries and stew them like applesauce they taste much more like prunes than rhubarb does. Now, uh... Now you tell me what you know--Groucho Marx