[Northkeep] OT:Tulsa Shoe Shopping

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 07:41:24 PDT 2003

>From: John Yates <valstarr_hawkwind at yahoo.com>
>Any advice for an out-of-towner (me,) about where
>to buy shoes?
>OK, not just any shoes; I need somne walking shoes
>and dress shoes in size 16E to EEE. Not the most
>commonly sold size(s), ja? :)
>I have bought off the internet, but need to get at
>least one pair this week.

After consulting with the shoe BUYing expert in the family, she suggests
starting with the Big and Tall stores in town first, then moving to the
larger department stores and men's shoe stores (both of the latter of which
you can find at Woodland Hills Mall).

Men's fitting note -- frequently shoes are fitted too large in an attempt to
match width instead of length, so frequently we get used to thinking of
ourselves wearing larger than we really need to.  For example, according to
the Army I wear 10 1/2s, when in fact my foot isn't actually that long.  If
my shoes are properly fitted I wear 9 1/2.   Plus, shoes can fit far more
snuggly than we are used to and are frequently more comfortable once they
are broken in..  For this reason you may want to have your feet measured by
people who actually do it for a living.

Marc/Diarmaid