[Northkeep] Le Tournoi Du Soleil- A Dandy Demo

Anawyn at aol.com Anawyn at aol.com
Sun Jun 8 20:32:36 PDT 2003

 Just thought I would report that Saturday was another favored day weather
wise for Chemin Noir's event, and I would like to say that the A & S demo table
display that was set out was hands down, one of the best I have seen, and I am
including Namron Med Fair. I know Beortlic and Elizabetta and Skerri had a
hand in it, and I am not sure who else contributed, but it was really
impressive.
Fighting was our usual good show of sportsmanship, and I believe I have the
awards, in order- Lord Ottokar may correct me if this is wrong:
Lord Fenton O'Quigg won best armor, Lord Skerri was most chivalrous, and Lord
Michael won best points overall. However, I wish to point out, there needs to
be a special mention for Master Beortlic. He sang several of the old
Ansteorran tunes, while in armor, on the list field, before putting on his helm and
picking up the sword to fight. NOW - think about how much air it takes to sing a
full song, then
put on a helm and go on and fight!
I am telling you, those who think you are pretty tough fighters, try that on
for size! In fact, I would like to see more of that. I think it would show
some real moxy and prowess to stand before the crowd, sing a bold song, then put
on your helm and  fight just to show you could do it! Maybe we could start a
new tough man trend...how many songs can you sing beforehand and still finish
the round...ha,ha!
For the bardic, our own Baron Ainar won for best song, Baron Robert
Fitzmorgan won best story and best overall. I need some reminding who won A & S-
It was a very pleasant day overall and a nice crowd and we had good shade,
too.  Bentley the "Demo Dog" made his first appearance in the wide world, he
behaved very nicely, and attracted his share of the crowd for the SCA. Anaka had
her dog there as well, so we had our share of furry representation!
I hope Sunday went well for Chemin Noir also, and that it attracted some
folks for you - Ottokar, give us an update when you get a chance!
In Service,
Anawyn