[Northkeep] Russian Underwear (go figure)

Marc Carlson marccarlson20 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:19:40 PDT 2003

>From: "Susan O'Neal" <catmafia at swbell.net>
>>Not yet, at least not that I've seen.  Really they are just three square
>>pieces though.
>Kit isn't particularly gifted in spatial matters and is throughly confused
>by how to put garments together; somehow the transition from 2D to 3D
>looses her.  I got several rolls from the discount place in Pryor that she
>needs to practice on her rubakahas with and hopefully she will then be up
>to the bottoms of Russian underware.  With it, she has one to hold and look
>at as she does it.

It should be relatively easy.  Take the measurement around the widest part
of the hip, divide that by two.  Add an inch.  Take that measurement and cut
three squares of fabric with that measurement on each side. Roll in each
edge about a quarter of an inch and run a seam along that - you will have
what looks like a very large hemmed handkerchief.

Now fold two of them in half laterally, and set them so that they look like
parentheses facing each othe, or two half cylinders..  Take the third one
and fold it diagonally.   Make the fold the bottom, and the points at the
top.   Stick that in between the two half cylinders.   Run a simple whip
stitch along each diagonal edge, matching each one to a  side of the half
cylinders.  Hem to hem (yes it's hand sewing but iit's seriously easy --
I've been spending all eavening doingi this seam).  It will look like the
picture.  Your legs go through the  open bits at the bottom, wrap a belt
around the top.  It's got the worlds most baggy crotch.

M/D