[Northkeep] light weapons

Theresa Kwasny thkwasny at cox-internet.com
Fri Jun 13 14:33:18 PDT 2003

M'lord Currently Known As Ron (and FYI for whoever else wants to know) ;)

Legs need only be covered with "resistant" material.  Just about any
material is expectable.  Notable exceptions include Nylon tights (yuck) and
gauze (such as cotton gauze) AKA: if you can see through it.  Do not wear
it. So if I were you, I wouldn't go to the expense of purchasing pants from
Triplette.  Any old pants will do, including sweat pants (but most late
period Fops agree, there is no such thing as too fancy or too stylish)

Their equipment is OK.  In January there was reports of Triplette schlager
blades that were faulty, but I haven't heard anything else lately.  The
equipment they were selling at Gulf War was good.  They generally know what
an SCA fighter needs, which is helpful, but they are hard to deal with if
you have to return something.

Ask a couple of fighters about their equipment and their experiences.  (I
promise we don't bite hard.)  Some of us are picky about our masks, but
perhaps you can try out some stuff and get a feel for what size equipment
you will need.

Also, if you haven't already checked it out, there is a link to the rules on
the Ansteorra web page.  Equipment standards for rapier start on page 23 of
the complete participants handbook - Kingdom of Ansteorra - AS XXXIV
version.

Therese