[Northkeep] something fun at fighter practice

Beth Hansen Beth at stormreaver.net
Wed Jun 18 06:55:01 PDT 2003

Some of the ladies expressed interest in learning how to make one of the items I have on the coin-belt I wore last week: it's a beaded drape, with coins and bells.  (If simply made a few inches longer, and with a clasp, it's th same pattern used for a beaded dancing anklet.)

If folks would like to learn how to make one, bring a chair or blanket to sit on, and the following supplies (IF you have them - I will bring lots of extras) :

- beading needle - can be short or long. Shorter ones are easier to work with.
- beading thread - color complimenary to your bead color choice.
- beads - should be small - size 11ish, or roundabout there. Ideally bring two colors that you like.
- small bells - the *small* silver, gold, or copper ones.
- drilled coins - I know these are not likely to be in your craft box, I'll bring plenty
- a pair of small containers: shallow bowls, saucers, egg carton... something to keep your beads in while you work, but each color separate.

If you have these supplies, great. If not, don't worry, I have plenty of extra.  :-)

Look forward to seeing you there!

- zubeydah