[Northkeep] Freed from durance vile

Jennifer Carlson talana1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:07:00 PDT 2003

Many, many, many thanks to everyone who called, visited, and sent cards and
messages while I was trapped in the great pink tower these last few days.
You made my dark hours bright.

I am on my feet once more and pretty much back to my virago-ish self, though
the source of my trouble has yet to be pinpointed.  At least all this waited
until I had gotten through the Harry Potter release at work.

As Her Excellency said, I've been a blood donor for many years, but with
these new developments, I've been put out to pasture.  The holidays are a
time of major need, and as of Monday, Tulsa had only an EIGHT HOUR supply of
O Positive (the most common type) on hand.  Had my doctor insisted on giving
me a transfusion (mercifully, he changed his mind), treating my anemia might
have robbed an accident victim, a sickly newborn, a burn victim, or a cancer
patient of something they needed more desperately than I.  So, if you can,
please give.

Thanks again for all the prayers and well-wishes, and I'll be seeing you
again soon.

Talana