[Northkeep] Discovery Channel

myangelmorgan at juno.com myangelmorgan at juno.com
Sun Jun 29 13:50:07 PDT 2003

Well, they won't be playing it again today, or probably thid week, unless n a digital cable channel, but I saw the coolest show today!!! It was called "Ancient Arsenal" and the 2 episodes they played were "Fire Ships" and "Chariots of War" or something like that. Anyway, I looked and it won't be on again, or else I would plan to record it. Very cool shows... They did pretty much the same kind of thing Dairmaid does... using records of history to recreate things. In this case, one team created ancient "maltof cocktails" launched with a crossbow and the other team created a ship-mounted flame-thrower! It was so awesome! They even heated the oil before it was blown out the tube because records stated it was heated... this one guy was adamant on it, even though the guys actually building it and firing it felt it was extremely hazardous... (picture large vat of obviously flamable liquid sittin on top of an OPEN flame on a rocking ship... one splash and dribble could blow up the whole ship)

Anyway, very cool shows, must keep an eye out for this one again! Might even think about buying the video, since Discovery Channel sells videos of everything they aire.

FYI-tonight they are airing a show called "Spartans at the Gates of Fire" at 8PM in case anyone is interested... "Greeks fight Persians at the Battle of Thermopylae." Will aire again at 11pm and on the 6th at 4PM.

See you at populace TOMORROW!!!
Chris~the pyromaniac
(also testing to see if this thing is still working since I haven't gotten a single message since yesterday morning... did everyone go to OKC or something? Wish I could have made it!)