[Northkeep] If you're heading to Lilies...

Decoysaunt at aol.com Decoysaunt at aol.com
Mon Jun 16 12:06:02 PDT 2003

...take your linen and prepare to sweat! I went up early Saturday morning and
it was hot, hot, hot. The showers available on site are cold but you won't
care (and there are hot showers about a mile from the site if you do care). The
lake is a tiny bit brownish but that matters little when you're overheated.
Bring a hat or parasol! I noticed this morning while blow drying my hair that my
scalp got a little more sun that I thought :-/.

I had intended to stay all day yesterday and come home late last night.
However, my plans changed when at 10:30 in the morning it was already 90 degrees. I
am a heat wimp...I admit it freely. Lacking linen and much in the way of
internal coolant, I packed up and came home early.

Having said that, I had a great time (thank you Montega & friends for letting
me camp with you on my first trip alone!!!) and wish I could have tolerated
the heat and stayed longer. I may try to go back next weekend with extra garb
(one outfit was not enough even though I was only staying overnight!) and a
waterproof chair to sit in the lake during the day!!!

Hope everyone else who is going/went has a great time too!!

Kristyne of Northkeep.