[Northkeep] Re: Gem fair

beth beth at stormreaver.net
Fri Jun 20 03:09:39 PDT 2003

faolanmacfarland at cox.net writes:
> Does anyone have more details then it is this weekend.  I could be spacey, but I dont think I saw any site or cost info other then Tulsa this weekend.
> Faolan
> who really likes pretty rocks =D

It is at the Tulsa Exposition Center at 21st & Yale
Hours:
Friday - Noon to 7:00 PM
Saturday - 10 am to 7 PM
Sunday - 10 am to 5 PM

If it's done here, like the ones in CA, they have door prizes that are
really neato * ... and tons of merchants selling everything from carved
stones, to Delica beads, to freshwater pearls by the string.

It's always good to comparison shop as each vendor is trying to beat the
others - for example, one year I was buying strands of round, drilled garnet
for costuming. I found 12" strands ranging in price from $2.50 apiece to
$6.00 apiece, same size, same quality.

For Ottokar: The site that I would really recommend is run by an SCA lady -
http://www.medievalbeads.com/    She also has an email group, and
step-by-step how-tos on her site.
(http://www.medievalbeads.com/notes/how-to-step1.html)  Hope that helps...
I'm kinda teaching myself using her 'class handouts'.

 - zubeydah

PS: To the gentle that asked, nope, I wasn't involved in the SCA in Costa
Mesa at all.. I started out for two events in 1986 in Caer Galen, then
dropped out until 2002 when I came to northkeep.