[Northkeep] the next event

Theresa Kwasny thkwasny at cox-internet.com
Mon May 5 21:50:28 PDT 2003

Trish, (if you are still on this list)

Per your recent posts, your first populous meeting was April 28 (which you
said you enjoyed immensely), and your first post to the list (that I could
find) was April 23, so you've been in the SCA for an entire 13 days (give or
take).  Based on your posts, and the kind words others have said about you,
my opinion of you would be that you are a great person, willing to help
others and learn from us, and teach us as well and have fun with us.  (But
13 days is an awfully short amount of time to base that assessment on,
especially since most of that time was "virtual")

With all due respect, I would like to point out that you are wrong.
* I have not heard or read anyone patting himself or herself on the back.  I
have witnessed a lot of people taking time to thank and give recognition to
all the people who helped make Crown Tournament grand (you included)!
* No one ask or expected you to take the SCA seriously.  Both Lady Susan and
Lady Anawyn specifically invited you and other newcomers to spend a day of
leisure with them, enjoying your first tournament.

Personally, I find your willingness to jump in and help out instead of
taking them up on their kind offer to be commendable.  It is a pity, that in
hindsight you felt short-changed by your decision.  I hope you do decide to
try another event.  You are welcome if you do.  Feel free to stand and toil
beside us (and laugh), or sit beside us (and laugh), but please pick the one
that will give you the fun you are looking for.  (I'm not sure if that is
the official policy or not, I'll have to look it up in the rule book ;)

Therese Maria Giovanni